"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gluten-Free Vegan Raspberry Lemonade Cake

I was asked by a co-worker to make a cake for his wife's birthday and the following recipe is my "test" version. I have to be honest (as you're about to read), I didn't make it from scratch due to a time crunch but it still turned out pretty well. Please note that if you plan to make this, it is a slightly heavier cake.



Lemon Cake

What You Need:
2 boxes of Cherrybrook Kitchen gluten-free yellow cake mix http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/products/gf_yellowcake.php
2 boxes of Jello sugar free, fat free lemon pudding (only use one box for a lighter cake)
Pure lemon extract or lemon juice for additional flavor (your preference) 


What You Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix cake mix according to directions on box, adding lemon pudding and lemon extract/juice until desired flavor is reached.



Raspberry Frosting

What You Need:
Confectioners (powdered) sugar
Butter-flavor Crisco vegetable shortening
Fresh Raspberries
Soy milk
Raspberry Extract for additional flavoring (optional)

What You Do:
There are no specific measurements. I just start with a little bit of each ingredient and mix until I reach my desired texture and flavor (you want the frosting to be a little stiff).


No comments:

Post a Comment