Sunday, July 1, 2012
Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 cups of whole wheat flour
3/4 cups white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup plain soy milk or almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups (4 lg) very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 canola or extra light olive oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a 5x9 loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soy milk and cider vinegar. Let stand for 2 minutes.
4. Add the mashed banana, canola oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract, whisking until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips if using and pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
7. Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving.